5.13.2013

welcomed by home

So I've actually been back from Belize for five days, but have been . . . well  . . . recovering. Unfortunately after posting about having found paradise, I got a MASSIVE ear infection and perforated eardrum due to a malfunctioning depth gauge on one of my dives. Suffice it to say, the rest of the vacation was not so hot.

Well, it was hot, but I wasn't out enjoying it.

Anyway, you win some you lose some. By the time the two weeks were over I was so happy to come back to my little apartment, dive into a bed piled high with pillows, and stream 4 eps of Mad Men in a row that it was borderline ridiculous. It really highlighted how important it is to make your space your little sanctuary - the place where you feel most at home and welcomed in the world.

And what welcomed me home right beside the bed? The beautiful little marble desk y'all convinced me to buy...



You guys are so damn smart. It's the perfect height (the lamp is actually lower than the headboard, it just doesn't look like it from this angle), the perfect depth, and the perfect length. It just fits so ridiculously well, and I know it's a piece I'll keep forever.  

I will say though, that even a half vacation is worth the trip. When else can you spend all day doing this:


Bad luck or not, I may be already planning my next escape . . .

post signature

6 comments :

  1. oh my gosh i am in such a trip planning mood but my office is super stingy with vacation days. such a bummer about you getting sicky! sometimes a staycation is just what you need!

    <3becky
    www.loosefromthezoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back! My procrastination at work is way less fun without your blog...it is by far one of my favourite "favourites". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Yes. Yesss. Sorry about the eardrum perforation. I can't think of a worse way to spend half a vacation... that's pretty much enough to keep me out of the ocean. I'd rather just watch it anyway. Love this bedside table action. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. true confessions...SO JEALOUS! was Belize just AMAZING? (i'm so behind...you probably posted all about it), but i love the hammock pic and your styled room. Welcome home! Happy (almost) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The desk looks SO good! What a find, seriously. Your room is elevated to a whole new level now :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!